10 Tips for Having a Successful WELU
Where do I sit? How does this all work? We all know that overwhelming feeling of walking into an event not knowing what to expect. We want to make that — whether it’s your first or fifth time — this year’s Workplace & Employment Law Update (WELU) is as stress-free as possible! We have asked our WELU experts for their tips on how to make your WELU experience the best it can be.
Try out these 10 tips:
- Arrive early to check-in and explore the area – exhibiting booths, get familiar with the layout, and claim a seat.
- Enjoy your breakfast! It’s a long day, so you will need all the brainpower you can get.
- Network with your HR peers – bring your business card. You will learn a lot from those you meet at WELU.
- Try sitting separately from your colleagues to meet new people.
- If you are coming with others from your department, divide and conquer the breakout sessions – there’s a lot of great content being shared at the same time. This will make it easier to get the most information.
- Dress in layers, as the temperature can often be chilly in large conference rooms.
- Write down your questions as they come up so you can ask the speakers at a more convenient time.
- Stay old school – bring a pen and notepad. Research says taking notes by hand versus on an electronic device boosts your memory!
- Come and say hi to your EG Staff members.
- Turn off your phone and focus on the speakers to stay engaged – business can wait until the next break. Your email will always be there, but these experts will not always be in front of you.
If you have been to WELU, share your tips on making it a successful day! If you post to social media, make sure to tag us using @EmployersGroup or #EGWELU.
If you have not registered for WELU yet, get registered now!