State Subsidized, Employer–Specific Training
Utilize State Funds to Train Your Employees
Eligible California employers can utilize state funds to train their employees through Employers Group. Employees can receive training in anywhere from 8 to 80 hours of productivity-related training delivered by Employers Group on-site at your company’s facility, at our facility, or at another location identified by your company. Training can be delivered until March 29, 2014.
Typically, employers must meet the following requirements:
- Be a for-profit company/organization or pay into the ET Tax Fund
- Must have a 20% or less turnover rate for full-time employees for the prior calendar year (some exceptions allowed)
- Must meet one of the following:
- Manufacture a product
- Derive over 25% of the facility’s revenue from outside California
- Compete directly against a non-California firm that has no California employees
- Be a California corporate headquarters of a multi-state entity
- Be among other select industries, including: freight, transportation, warehousing, storage, software,
motion picture / tele-production, publishing, R&D, environmental consulting, communications
Click to Complete an Eligibility Questionnaire
Once Employer Eligibility is Determined:
Employers Group will conduct a complimentary training needs assessment and work with your company to identify appropriate training topics and training populations. Employers Group will then propose a solution that outlines costs and state reimbursement for your training. State reimbursement is based on a “per trainee basis” (for each eligible training hour each eligible trainee receives). Small employers may receive 8 to 80 hours of training and large* employers may receive 24 to 80 hours of training per trainee.
Trainee Eligibility Requirements:
For each training hour to be funded, trainees must:
- Work full-time (35+ hours per week) during training and 90 days after training.
- Complete at least 8 hours (small employers) or 24 hours (large employers) of eligible training.
- Earn an hourly wage of at least:
- $15.70 L.A., O.C. and bay area counties
- $15.26 for Sacramento, $15.06 for San Diego
- $14.39 for Solano
- $14.39 for Ventura
- $14.39 for all other counties
Note: The wage stated above must be met 90-days after training ends. Employer-paid health benefits can be included to meet or exceed wage requirement.
Popular Training Programs Include:
|Continuous Improvement / Leadership Skills
(6 or more half days to build critical skills)
Dealing with Conflict
Creating & Building Teamwork
|Lean & Process Improvement Methodologies
(6 or more half days enabling trainees to work on and solve workplace issues in the training)
|Process Improvement Simulation
Root Cause Analysis
Many other topics and programs are available
Jeffrey Hull, Learning Services Director, Employers Group
213.999.3941 / firstname.lastname@example.org