Employee Relations can mean many things and vary per organization. To most organizations it represents understanding and making sure they are complying with the most basic employment laws. This can present a real challenge for employers since our laws seem to change so much.
To non-union manufactures it could mean understanding their rights and what processes they have to have in place to deal with union related issues.
Many companies have thick binders full of policies just collecting dust on their bookshelves. Other companies may have current policies but don’t know how to apply them to an everyday work environment.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Do you have written policies and procedures for all federal and state regulations?
- Is your employee Handbook current with all state and federal regulations?
- Are those policies consistent with your practices?
- Are termination processes consistent?
- Does your organization understand the rules of union organizing and collective bargaining?
For more information about how Employers Groups Consulting Services can help you, please contact us.